OmiseGO (OMG) is a real-world financial technology company. OmiseGO was established in Thailand, Japan, Singapore and Indonesia in 2013 with the aim of enabling people perform financial and commercial processes without having to go through existing financial institutions.
The company launched the OmiseGO (OMG) network and the digital wallet system in the fourth quarter of 2017. OmiseGO network offers both blockchain and wallet services. The network provides a secure and open platform for carrying out transactions without having to depend on third parties.
Features of OmiseGO (OMG)
- OmiseGO is based on a Proof-of-Stake (PoS) blockchain design that maintains records corresponding to wallets on the system.
- Users of OmiseGO can perform financial transactions including payments, remittances, payroll deposit, B2B commerce, supply-chain finance, loyalty programs, asset management and trading, and other on-demand service.
- OmiseGO offers decentralized currencies and decentralized fiat token custody
- OmiseGO network allow users to lock into Ethereum via smart contracts.
OmiseGO (OMG) announced the launch of its White label wallet SDK just within the first quarter of 2018. The white label wallet will diversify payments. OMG white label wallet will enable people use credit cards, gift cards, and other digital currencies within the OMG network.
OmiseGO through their Twitter handle announced the OmiseGO jobs. The financial organization is currently hiring talents from across the globe into various sectors including;
Sales operation fulltime job in Japan, Accounting Finance Manager Fulltime job in Singapore, A Business Intelligence Data Engineer in Bangkok, Trading exchange Developer, and Regional director in Japan. Other job openings are for mobile app developers, analysts, marketers, and consultants. You can apply for these jobs through their website.
OmiseGO boasts a good number of partnership talks including its latest collaboration with AliPay, a leading service provider in Thailand. Also, McDonalds Thailand and Credit Saison entered into a deal to adopt OmiseGO token as its payment channel.
Status of OmiseGO
OmiseGO (OMG) in September 2017 became the first digital asset to hit a market capitalization of $1 billion (USD) after two ICOs; the Unicorn status. OMG hit its all-time high of $28.5 on January 8 this year. The token has achieved a lot under one year of its launch.
As at the time of this writing, here are the market statistics of OmiseGO (OMG):
- Trading Value: $14.93
- Market Capitalization: $1,676,212,181
- 24 hours trading volume: $ 64,525,100
- Circulating supply: 102,042,552 OMG
- Total supply: 140,245,398 OMG
- Cryptocurrency ranking: 22