In a medium announcement 2 days ago, the CEO of Tron (TRX) Justin Sun, announced that the TRX airdrop to the Ethereum community that was initiated on April 21st, 2018 (UTC + 8) had been completed. This airdrop was a genuine gesture of appreciation by the TRX foundation to the Ethereum community that had made the ICO and TRX token possible through the amazing abilities of the ETH platform.
The TRON Foundation decided to conduct the airdrop valued at 30 Million TRX that translates to around $1.7 Million. This airdrop was however limited to active accounts with a balance of more than 1 ETH. The Airdrop was completed on the 7th of May with a total of 602,881 addresses fortunate to be recipients of the gesture by the Tron Foundation.
The exact criteria for the Airdrop was:
1. Any account on the public blockchain that transfers or receives ETH from Jan-01–2018 00:00:02 AM +UTC — April 20, 2018 00:00:04 +UTC (block 4832686 to block 5471198)
2. Account has an ETH balance of over 1 on April 20, 2018 at 00:00:04 +UTC (block 5471198).
The Tron Foundation goes on to note and caution against scammers parading themselves as also doing an airdrop on behalf of the Foundation. One such confirmed scam is one that came off a website that looks like cointelegraph.com but is not. In it, the scammers claimed the following:
- A 10 Billion TRX airdrop
- Remaining tokens to be destroyed in a coin burn before June 25th
- Airdrop to be conducted via smart contracts
- 1 TRX to be awarded per 1,000 TRX owned
- 1,000 TRX to be awarded per 1 ETH owned
- Instructions to register via fake MyEtherWallet and MyCrypto websites
The occurrence and identification of scams is good in that it alerts traders and owners of crypto of the possibilities of dubious characters in the web that are out there to get a quick buck from gullible users.
Current market analysis show TRX holding strong in the number 10 position according to coinmarketcap.com. The token is currently valued at $0.0814 and down only 0.28% in 24 hours. This price range seems to be where TRX has established a new support line with many traders and HODLers hoping for a moon landing once Main Net is launched on the 31st of May.
This launch has a neat coutdown on the Tron website that is as futuristic as the project itself. Once complete, the Tron Main Net will allow for the creation of user friendly decentralized Apps that are destined to decentralized the web. The future of a blockchain based web is here and Tron is leading the charge!